Admission to Class XI
The Senior School Certificate Course offered here is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and is a two year Post Secondary School Course which has been recognized by all Indian Universities as equivalent to the Intermediate College Examination.
On completion of the course, the candidates are eligible to begin the three year degree course in the Universities.
- Since admission to class XI (Science Stream) is designed to be SELECTIVE in the Government's Scheme of Education, students of Class X must apply for the admission to class XI when applications are called for and appear for an Aptitude Test. Hence, High School studies in this school will not be a guarantee for admission to Higher Secondary (Plus Two) Course in this school.
- Apart from the minimum qualification prescribed by the Central Board, the school has its own norms of eligibility for admission. Eligibility will depend on the following:
- High School performances in the All India Secondary School Examination, Sent-Up Examination, Pre-Board Examination and his/her performances in class IX.
- Regularity in attendance and work during IX-X. Thus, only those students can be accommodated who in addition to mental ability have also displayed serious application to studies.
- Character and conduct of the candidate should be such that during the course here at Holy Cross School, he/she has shown clear evidence that he/she has benefited from the character formation offered in the school. Mere academic performance WILL NOT MAKE THE STUDENT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS XI. The Principal, in consultation with the Governing Body of the school, the final arbiter in this matter.
- For Science Stream, we expect 70% in Mathematics and 80% in Science.
Subject Combination for Science:
Compulsory Subjects: English, Physics, Chemistry
Optional Subjects: Biology, Mathematics, Computers (Any two)