Educational Goals of Holy Cross School, Tadong
Characteristics and Attitudes of a Holy Cross Student.
The following characteristics and attitudes will be criteria for reference while selecting school leaders at a class, house or whole school levels.
- Intellectual Development
- Ask questions to know why and how of things around them.
- Develop study skills.
- Develop a scientific attitude, is analytical, arrives at conclusion based on objective data and is committed to truth.
- Personal Character
- Is free, spontaneous and joyful.
- Has learned to share one’s knowledge, skills and time with others who need them.
- Is hard working and persevering, has developed the inner strength to face tough and unforeseen situations of life.
- Social Sensitivity and Culture
- Has learned to play and work co-operatively in a group.
- Is friendly not only to one’s own classmates but also to other, is a friend of animals, birds, trees and the environment.
- Shows compassion to those at the margins of society, contributes to build a school community healed of all divisions based on caste, religion, language, culture, sex or religion. Treats all as one equal or as brothers and sisters.
- Spiritual Orientation
- Prays to a loving God in trust.
- Prays for one’s own needs and for the larger needs of the region, country and the world.
- Is hopeful and optimistic, trusts others, and believes in God’s love and providence.
- Health and Body Care.
- Acquired habits of personal cleanliness.
- Keeps environment clean, develops good food habits, is physically fit.
- Has learned to relax, to ‘let go’, has acquired knowledge of preventive measures and practices them.