Vision-Mission Statement of the Sisters of Mercy of Holy Cross - Indian Province
Urged by the Lord's compassionate love, challenged by need of time and as sharers in the mystery of Christ's Death and Resurrection, we, the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross in India commit ourselves to proclaim The Good News and strive for the creation of a new society of wholesome individuals, families and communities where-
- The basic needs of everyone are met,
- Love, faith, justice, equity, self-reliance, sharing and co-operation are promoted.
- People, specially the women, dalits, tribals and other underprivileged and groups are organized, enabled the empowered.
- Children are cared for and do not have to work for a livelihood.
- Communal harmony and respect for human life and dignity are fostered.
- Nature is protected and preserved.
- Christians are strengthened in their faith.
We earnestly desire to bring about an attitudinal change in ourselves, personally and collectively to adopt a participatory and integrated approach at all levels of our involvement. Living in a pluralistic society we want to further our networking and collaboration with likeminded persons, groups and Government.
Mission Statement of the Educational Apostolate of Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross in India
Inspired by the life and teachings of Jesus, who came to give fullness of life to all, and his call to spread the Good News of love, peace, justice and fraternity of all nations,
stirred by the example and directions of our Founders, Fr. Theodisius Florentini and Mother Maria Theresa Scherer in their
- Unbounded faith and trust in the Divine providence
- Innovative approach to education
- Unfailing courage to take risks
- Preferential love for the poor and the underprivileged
challenged by inhuman poverty, massive illiteracy, environmental degradation, gender discrimination, various forms of child abuse, corruption, displacement of the poor, consumerism, fundamentalism and eroding moral values, our mission, as compassionate leaders, is to form young women and men of character, who will distinguish themselves by their academic and professional excellence, sound spiritual and moral values, with a holistic growth in their intellectual, emotional, physical, aesthetic abilities, spirit of selfless service, and leadership qualities.
Thus they will commit themselves to the transformation of the present day social conditions and contribute towards building a just and eco-friendly human society where genuine freedom, equality of opportunities and respect for religions, moral and social values found in the Gospels and enshrined in the Constitutions of India will prevail.
Our mission further involves a special preference for Christians, the marginalised groups such as Dalits, tribals, women and differently-abled.