Holy Cross School at Tadong, Sikkim, is a Catholic Institution managed by Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross, India East Province. The Congregation was founded in Switzerland in 1856 by Fr. Theodosius Florentini OFM Cap and Mother Maria Theresa Scherer.
The members of this congregation work in almost all the continents, America (North & South), Africa, Europe and Asia. The sisters reached India to take up the various apostolate in the year 1894.
Holy Cross School at Tadong, was started in the year 1985 and it is owned by West Bengal Holy Cross Sisters Society which is a registered society under the Societies Registration Act 1961. The School is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi up to Senior Secondary Standard. The medium of instruction is English.
The School promotes co-education and it admits any child irrespective of caste, creed or social status. Holy Cross School receives no Government or private aid and fees realised from students is the only source of revenue. To keep up with the rising costs and revision in salary, fees have to be adjusted from time to time. The school session is from February to December.
All students are taught the essentials of religion which are acceptable to people of all faiths and efforts are made continually to develop and instil values in the life of all students.